2023 JV & Freshmen Invitational
Saturday, January 21, 2023
Cherokee trail high school
WELCOME TO THE 2022-23 JV/F Invitational
- Online registration must be completed by Friday, December 2, 2022 including Pre-T-Shirts Orders
- A tentative schedule will be posted by Friday, January 6, 2023 and a final schedule by Friday, January 13, 2023
Divisions for Competition
- 5A All Girl Cheer
- 4A All Girl Cheer
- 2A/3A All Girl Cheer
- 4A/5A Co-ed Cheer
- 2A/3A Co-ed Cheer
- Freshman Cheer
- Frosh Cheer
- Varsity Game Day Cheer
- JV Game Day Cheer
- Freshmen Game Day Cheer
Divisions may be combined based on teams registered. If you would like to compete in a higher division, please let us know when you register.
General Schedule (Tentative)
- 7:00am Doors Open for Teams
7:30am Doors Open for Spectators
7:55am Report Time Begins (report to warm-up ½ hour prior to your performance time, be on time for warm-ups and come ready to compete)
8:25am National Anthem
8:30am Competition Begins (Starting with Cheer Divisions)
NOTE: We will be having 2 Award Segments for Cheer
If teams make it to FINALS we will have separate awards for Cheer & Dance
Team Entry Fees
$225 per team (non-Refundable)
Registration Deadline: December 2, 2022
$10.00 Adults & Students & Seniors (please encourage exact change)
- 5 and Under – FREE
- A parent section will be created for team spectators if they wish to sit closer during their
- teams performance only
- There is no Varsity Team entry package. All need to enter through the spectator entrance and pay the student spectator fee.
- Location: Cherokee Trail High School
- 25901 East Arapahoe Road, Aurora, CO 80016
- Map Flow and Directions for Teams will be emailed with Final Schedule
- Waivers for all participants must be completed online.
- Music on iPod/Phone, and several backups (iPod or phone on airplane mode preferred)…BRING DONGLE
- Specific items for your team such as signs, etc.
- Medical needs, trainer will be on site but you must provide your own athletic tape
- Order forms for team pictures or event t-shirts!
- No professional videotaping will be offered at this event.
- Cheer division will start the competition; Dance divisions will conclude
- No saving seats
- A parent section will be created for spectators in front of each side if they wish to sit closer during their team’s performance only.
Concessions will be provided by the Host School.
Rules & Results
- The 2022-2023 National Federation of State High School Associations Spirit Rules book will be followed.
- The 2022 CHSAA Spirit Bulletin will be followed
There have been rule and score sheet changes this year. Make sure you read over the entire bulletin for these changes. No video reviews at the competition.
- No Varsity team member may compete in the JV Invitational. If a participant has competed, or will compete, for the 2022-2023 season as a varsity team member, they may not compete at the JV Invitational. If you are not sure please contact us.
- Penalty review will take place at the conclusion of each preliminary round after scores have been tabulated. Reviews will take place in the warm-up gym. The time of each review will be noted on the schedule but please listen for the exact time once each division has finished. If you miss the review we will not come looking for you.
- JUDGING will be scored electronically. Scores and recap sheets will be EMAILED at the completion of the event.
- Penalty Sheets will serve via paper copy. Coaches collect your penalty sheets approximately 20 minutes after your performance time at the announcers table.
- The number of placements to be awarded in each division will be determined once we see the total number of teams registered.
- ***Parents and fans react to the results the way that you respond or coach them to respond. In a smaller venue, every reaction is even more obvious. Tech judges are available to answer coaches’ questions but none of the staff will discuss results with parents. Your professionalism at this event is appreciated.
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status, and will be strictly enforced.
- Athletes may remove mask for full floor warm-up and performance only.
- Coaches must wear masks at all times when indoors
While the final details and schedule of any competition could require up to the day adjustments, and all guidelines are subject to change based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), federal, state and local guidance. Please be assured that CSCA is committed to delivering the same quality and the flexibility this will require, by accepting the Terms and Conditions as the authorized CSCA Competition Rules.
I agree and acknowledge to abide by the COVID-19 rules that are known. We appreciate your understanding of the flexibility this will be required. By accepting the Terms and Conditions as the authorized person from my program I agree and acknowledge to abide by the COVID-19 CSCA Rules.