2023 JV & Freshmen Invitational
Saturday, January 21, 2023
Cherokee trail high school
THANK YOU to all our JV/F participants for our JV & Freshman Invitational Competition in 2022. We had an AMAZING day and it couldn’t have happened without all of you, your passion, and your hard work. We look forward to more incredible events.
Divisions for Competition
- 5A All Girl Cheer
- 4A All Girl Cheer
- 2A/3A All Girl Cheer
- 4A/5A Co-ed Cheer
- 2A/3A Co-ed Cheer
- Freshman Cheer
- Frosh Cheer
- Varsity Game Day Cheer
- JV Game Day Cheer
- Freshmen Game Day Cheer
General Schedule (Tentative)
- 7:00am Doors Open for Teams
- 7:30am Doors Open for Spectators
- 7:55am Report Time Begins (report to warm-up ½ hour prior to your performance time, be on time for warm-ups and come ready to compete)
- 8:25am National Anthem
- 8:30am Competition Begins (Starting with Cheer Divisions)
- 1pm Cheer Awards
- 2:00pm Dance Comp Begins
- 5:45pm Dance Awards
Team Entry Fees
$200 per team (non-Refundable)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
$10.00 Adults & Students & Seniors (please encourage exact change)
- 5 and Under – FREE
- A parent section will be created for team spectators if they wish to sit closer during their
- teams performance only
- There is no Varsity Team entry package. All need to enter through the spectator entrance and pay the student spectator fee.
- Location: Cherokee Trail High School
- 25901 East Arapahoe Road, Aurora, CO 80016
- Map Flow and Directions for Teams will be emailed with Final Schedule
- Waiver for all participants must be completed online.
- Music on iPod/Phone, and several backups (iPod or phone on airplane mode preferred)…BRING DONGLE
- Specific items for your team such as signs, etc.
- Medical needs, trainer will be on site but you must provide your own athletic tape
- Order forms for team pictures or event t-shirts! No professional videotaping will be offered at this event.
- Cheer division will start the competition; Dance divisions will conclude
- No saving seats
- A parent section will be created for spectators in front of each side if they wish to sit closer during their team’s performance only.
Concessions will be provided by the Host School.
Rules & Results
- The 2021-2022 National Federation of State High School Associations Spirit Rules book will be followed.
- The 2021 CHSAA Spirit Bulletin will be followed
There have been rule and score sheet changes this year. Make sure you read over the entire bulletin for these changes. No video reviews at the competition.
- No Varsity team member may compete in the JV Invitational. If a participant has competed, or will compete, for the 2021-2022 season as a varsity team member, they may not compete at the JV Invitational. If you are not sure please contact us.
- Penalty review is available immediately after your performance. Please have a coach available to receive the penalty sheet for your team from one of our staff members
- JUDGING will be scored electronically. Scores and recap sheets will be EMAILED at the completion of the event…this includes prelim and final scoresheets. Only penalty will serve as a paper hardcopy during penalty review.
- The number of placements to be awarded in each division will be determined once we see total number of teams registered.
- All awards will take place after the 5A cheer & pom finals. Overall rankings will be posted at the event after finalists are announced and at the conclusion of the event after awards.
- ***Parents and fans react to the results the way that you respond or coach them to respond. In a smaller venue, every reaction is even more obvious. Tech judges are available to answer coaches’ questions but none of the staff will discuss results with parents. Your professionalism at this event is appreciated.
- Masks must be worn indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status, and will be strictly enforced.
- Athletes may remove mask for full floor warm-up and performance only.
- Coaches must wear masks at all times when indoors.
While the final details and schedule of any competition could require up to the day adjustments, and all guidelines are subject to change based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), federal, state and local guidance. Please be assured that CSCA is committed to delivering the same quality and the flexibility this will require, by accepting the Terms and Conditions as the authorized CSCA Competition Rules.
I agree and acknowledge to abide by the COVID-19 rules that are known. We appreciate your understanding of the flexibility this will be required. By accepting the Terms and Conditions as the authorized person from my program I agree and acknowledge to abide by the COVID-19 CSCA Rules.